My Blog List

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Talebearing24- Obedience is better than sacrifice.

I am in confusion and misery right now as I write this story. Will my father ever find a place in his heart to forgive me? I said this because I have offended my father so greatly that it will take a lot of effort to get his forgiveness. I am twenty-five years old. I took a decision some years ago and now I live to regret it. I will live to curse the day I met Kingsley, the man who ruined my life. I come from a very good Christian family, a God-fearing one. I am the only child and daughter of my parents. Though we were not very wealthy, we were comfortable and morally upright. I had brought shame and disgrace to them with my actions that I now regret. If only I could turn back the hands of the clock. I would do things differently. I had just left secondary school at a tender age of seventeen and my parents were proud of me. They wanted me to go to a higher institution of learning and thereafter, live a good life. This was the dream my father had for me since I was a kid and now, he was ready to make it a reality. When I was about entering the university, my father would always advise me to be a good girl. It was around this time I lost my mother. It was so painful but I had to live with the reality of life. My dad saw that he did everything he could to make me realize and actualize my mother’s wish that I should get married in the church. This was what I had in mind until I met Kingsley. I was still in the university, one fateful morning when I met Kingsley. I was waiting for a taxi on this day when a car stopped beside me and I bent to see if the driver of the vehicle was someone I knew. To my surprise, I saw a very handsome young man smiling at me. His smile was so captivating that I fell in love with him immediately as if I was charmed. Then he said ‘’Hello’’ to me and I was lost in the beauty of his deep voice. My knees became weak and I would have fallen if the car was not beside me to lean on. He told me his name was Kingsley and he was ready to give me a ride to wherever I was going. I didn’t even object. I just got into the car and he started driving. That same day, I ended up in bed with him. I fell head over heels in love with him. For me there was no looking back. I totally forgot all the advice my father gave me and my dreams of becoming a successful woman in life. My father soon noticed that I had changed as I acted absent-mindedly at home. To cut the long story short, I soon found out that I was pregnant and Kingsley was responsible. I was shocked by the way Kingsley behaved when I told him this. He called me ‘’a lying bitch’’ and that I should look for the father of the ‘’bastard’’ I was carrying. He also told me that he was married to a woman who was living in the United States of America with three kids. After that, he slammed the door on me. I could not face my father now and presently, I am squatting with a friend of mine and I am eight month pregnant expecting to put to bed very soon. Anytime I think of the advice my father gave me and all his care and love, I regret my actions which brought shame and disgrace to him. I wish I had listened to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment